Local Breweries and Brewpubs

On a recent trip to Philly it was brought forcibly to my attention by a number of persuasive bartenders that there are number of great breweries making quality product in PA. Troeg's, Harpoon, Sly Fox, Victory are some off the top of my head that I really enjoyed. Gotta say, the tastiest beer I've had lately is one that I was introduced to in Chicago, Three Floyds Alpha King. I think the brewery is over the border from Chicago in Indiana, but excellent stuff.

On a recent trip to Philly it was brought forcibly to my attention by a number of persuasive bartenders that there are number of great breweries making quality product in PA. Troeg's, Harpoon, Sly Fox, Victory are some off the top of my head that I really enjoyed.

PA really does have a wealth of breweries. Weyerbacher and Stoudt's are two other great ones.

On a recent trip to Philly it was brought forcibly to my attention by a number of persuasive bartenders that there are number of great breweries making quality product in PA. Troeg's, Harpoon, Sly Fox, Victory are some off the top of my head that I really enjoyed. Gotta say, the tastiest beer I've had lately is one that I was introduced to in Chicago, Three Floyds Alpha King. I think the brewery is over the border from Chicago in Indiana, but excellent stuff.

There are some excellent ones in PA, but Harpoon is Boston based. wink.gif

There are some excellent ones in PA, but Harpoon is Boston based. :lol:

As I inferred, things got blurry after a while :) Thanks for the correction. Another trend I noticed in Philly was a big emphasis on Belgian beers. Aside from Eulogy and Monk's who specialized, nearly every half-way decent pub/tavern had a nice selection on tap. While at Eulogy I had to indulge in the obligatory pot of mussels. Never had been an aficionado before, Hopleaf in Chicago got me started on that kick.

Another trend I noticed in Philly was a big emphasis on Belgian beers. Aside from Eulogy and Monk's who specialized, nearly every half-way decent pub/tavern had a nice selection on tap. While at Eulogy I had to indulge in the obligatory pot of mussels. Never had been an aficionado before, Hopleaf in Chicago got me started on that kick.

Strange thing about Philly and the Belgian beers being everywhere (or great thing, rather). There even used to be a third Belgian pub, Cuvee Notredame.