Vegan Bean Dip Recipes

ALB

Hi Everyone,

I am going to a tex-mex themed potluck this weekend and I was assigned bean dip. Does anyone have a go-to recipe for a vegan bean dip? Because if I am bringing bean dip- I am bringing the best bean dip there is :D .

Thanks All.

This is pretty close to my go-to black bean dip. The main differences are (1) instead of cayenne I use chipotle for a smokier flavor; and (2) I usually stir in a couple spoonfuls of fresh pico de gallo, fresh lime zest and a little vinegar to taste. Definitely give it a few hours to sit and develop flavor-wise... http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Southwestern-Black-Bean-Dip-14652

Hi Everyone,

I am going to a tex-mex themed potluck this weekend and I was assigned bean dip. Does anyone have a go-to recipe for a vegan bean dip? Because if I am bringing bean dip- I am bringing the best bean dip there is :D .

Thanks All.

Homemade Vegetable Stock.

Rancho Gordo or other high quality dried (not canned) beans simmered in the broth.

Fresh herbs, highest quality oil and seasonings. And as Night Owl noted, time to develop flavor and nuance.

Ingredient quality is key for the best there is; the exact recipe not as much an issue. You'll rock it.

Especially if you serve it with an attractive pot of Zora's BBQ Sauce on the side, and freshly cut limes, vegan shredded cheese, chipotle vegan sour cream, other garnish.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks All.

Bean dip is what I call "poor man's guacamole." I make it just like guac, but use beans instead of avocado. Can be made with black or pinto beans. Easy peasy. In the food processor: onion, garlic, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, salt, drained canned beans. If you want, add a little bit of ground cumin. Tortilla chips. Brought to many work potlucks. Perfect.

• Like 1