Disaster Movies

thistle

I'll vote for the Chipotle "Scarecrow Ad" because it's completely, totally lame.

"Wa? Huh?"

Yep, lame.

Is "The Abyss" the movie where Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (*) drowned herself because there wasn't enough "breathing fluid" or something?

Equally lame. But yeah, a disaster (of a) movie. Right up there with "Dune" featuring Patrick Stewart as Gurney God Damned Halleck in what was surely one of the most embarrassing roles in history.

(*) Whose career-ending move was to keep her real last name. Yeah, her first two names were the equally Italian "Mary Elizabeth." No, really, they were. Just like Martha Stewart (**).

(**) Who was named, at birth, something like Marta Czryzchkinkowicz. But hey, Martha Stewart sounds so much more "homey."

You guys may not want to get me started on pop culture, trust me.

Do so at your own risk.

(**) Who was named, at birth, something like Marta Czryzchkinkowicz. But hey, Martha Stewart sounds so much more "homey."

Kostyra, but don't knock it.  That episode where her mom demonstrates the family pierogi recipe was top notch, ranking right up there with the _Good Eats_ episode where Alton Brown's grandmother runs circles around him making biscuits.

• Like 1

Kostyra, but don't knock it.  That episode where her mom demonstrates the family pierogi recipe was top notch, ranking right up there with the _Good Eats_ episode where Alton Brown's grandmother runs circles around him making biscuits.

Yeah, but you're forgetting the part at the end where she "replated" her Mom's pierogis--so they would look nicer. What a Bitch!

I just have a fondness for this movie (as well as Dune, how could I forget that one) because it was shot in Wilmington, NC, while I was in the area. Dino DeLaurentiis & his studio setting up there was a big thing. I also remember Bruce Lee's son getting killed accidentally filming 'The Crow'. So many cheesy/ memorable films have been made there- my absolute favorite, David Lynch's 'Blue Velvet'...& don't hate on Martha...

I just have a fondness for this movie (as well as Dune, how could I forget that one) because it was shot in Wilmington, NC, while I was in the area. Dino DeLaurentiis & his studio setting up there was a big thing. I also remember Bruce Lee's son getting killed accidentally filming 'The Crow'. So many cheesy/ memorable films have been made there- my absolute favorite, David Lynch's 'Blue Velvet'...& don't hate on Martha...

You know I'm just giving you a hard time (actually, I wasn't even doing that; I was just being crotchety). And I like Blue Velvet. :)