Where To Buy Scallop In Their Shells

finecognac

Hello,

I'd like first to introduce myself. I 've been lurking for awhile reading and enjoying variety of topics here. I am in Falls Church, VA. I get my meats @ wholefoods, vegs @ various korean stores, and fish @ wegmans, greatwall, grandmart. I am of Vietnam origin.

I am currently in the hunt for scallops in the shells to make a dish for my wife. Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

I'd like first to introduce myself. I 've been lurking for awhile reading and enjoying variety of topics here. I am in Falls Church, VA. I get my meats @ wholefoods, vegs @ various korean stores, and fish @ wegmans, greatwall, grandmart. I am of Vietnam origin.

I am currently in the hunt for scallops in the shells to make a dish for my wife. Any help is appreciated.

I have seen them at Great Wall on Gallows road near rte 50 and the Beltway. They didn't look too fresh, but I'd guess that if you hot them on the right day you might get what you need.

Hello,

Welcome finecognac!

I saw scallops in the shell at the Great Wall Supermarket in Merryfield back in November. They did NOT look good; i.e., they seemed to be dead already. <_< They didn't have any when I was there in February--dead or alive. However, that would be a place I would call, if I were you, and see what they can do for you. It wouldn't hurt to call the large Korean supermarkets, too. Just remember: If you don't ask, you don't get.

Edited to add: Waitman, my chauffeur, beat me to the punch. ;)

Mussles.  Squeeze sings about pulling mussels from a shell.

I do indeed realize that, but it was close enough that word association got me going. <_<

Peanut going through a sleepless phase?

No, but I can now recite the following fine works of fiction from memory - Ferdinand, The Digginest Dog, Madeleine, Where the Wild Things Are, Harry the Dirty Dog, and Are You My Mother?, among others. The result being that my brain is turning to mush.

I do indeed realize that, but it was close enough that word association got me going. <_<

No, but I can now recite the following fine works of fiction from memory - Ferdinand, The Digginest Dog, Madeleine, Where the Wild Things Are, Harry the Dirty Dog, and Are You My Mother?, among others. The result being that my brain is turning to mush.

Off topic, but...Late night food reading to an infant, go to Amazon.com and order: First Book of Sushi by Amy Wilson Sanger "I see take-out tekka maki, kappa maki packed to go..." (more) or her dim sum book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------