Baltimore Restaurants Showing NCAA Tournament

lizzie

My kids fly in to BWI late tomorrow night, so we thought it would be fun to eat dinner in Baltimore before going to the airport. Great food would be a nice aside, but more important is that we can watch the NCAA games - lots of Big East pride on the line. We do not know Baltimore restaurants that well, so any ideas are welcome.

Canton probably isn’t a bad neighborhood to choose for this – there are lots of bars/restaurants, almost all of them with televisions.

Looney’s Pub has decent pub grub and about a zillion televisions always tuned to sports. Atmosphere way too frat-boyish for my taste but there will be games aplenty.

Mama’s on the Half Shell, across the square, will also be showing games. Good casual seafood in an old fashioned ode-to-Connolly’s sort of way. In Canton, this would be my first choice for eatin while lookin at the teevee.

And, on the edge of Canton, on Fleet Street, is Kisling’s. Another bar with decent food that has at least a television or two.

On the other side of the harbor, in Federal Hill, is Nick’s in the Cross Street Market. Very casual – some seating and lots of standing – but there is beer, steamed shrimp, crab cakes, oysters and televisions. Not a traditional restaurant, really, but a fun place to hangout, eat and watch a game. Not sure how late they are open, though. I’d give them a call.