Tax Preparation: Accountant in Alexandria or NoVA?

JimRice

After having done our own taxes for years and years, Barbara and I have gotten a complication (a vacation rental condo) that I need help on.  Does anyone have a CPA or tax preparer in Alexandria or NoVA that they would recommend?  I think this will be a one-time deal, as once I get my taxes set up I think I'll be able to do it myself.  But I really need advice on this to feel confident I'm doing it right, paying what I should and getting back what I should.

Thanks,

Jim Rice

If you don't mind Rockville, call Eric Prawde (PRAU-dee) at Berlin, Ramos & Co., and tell him you're a friend of mine. Eric is a great person whom I've known for many years, both personally and professionally. It sounds like you need a one-time blast of expertise instead of an ongoing relationship, so it's imperative to get the right advice (large firms may tend to have better resources than private individuals).

In fact, now that I think about it, I'll write something up about Eric in the main forum when I get a moment - I don't know why I haven't done this before. BTW, his firm has expertise in restaurants as well (and several well-known restaurants as clients), so if any restaurateurs out there are reading this, give him a call.

I ended up meeting with Hope Covington, the tax manager at Renner and Company.   I had spoken with her a few days before, and she had asked me to send over some of my tax paperwork.  When I got there she had answers, stacks of research on the subject, and had some recommendations on other tax issues I hadn't thought about.  I feel confident I'm doing my taxes correctly now, and have all of my documentary ducks in a row. 

• Like 1