dcs

Today, Saturday April 19, 2014, is the annual Record Store Day.  Go to the website, type in your zip code, and go support your local small business record dealer.  New releases have been prepared by a number of artists exclusively for Record Store Day, in addition to bins of previously used records created for your listening pleasure.  So?  What are you waiting for?  Crank up that old Victrola and head on down to the local record store and pick up a few goodies.  See you there.

Today, Saturday April 19, 2014, is the annual Record Store Day.  Go to the website, type in your zip code, and go support your local small business record dealer.  New releases have been prepared by a number of artists exclusively for Record Store Day, in addition to bins of previously used records created for your listening pleasure.  So?  What are you waiting for?  Crank up that old Victrola and head on down to the local record store and pick up a few goodies.  See you there.

And thank you for not saying the word "vinyl." :)

I used to own a small record store; I sold it before record store day became a thing.

I'd like to see a simple change to RSD:  Where limited editions are issued - also issue a not-limited version of the same item.  The reason is simple:  I went into a local store on RSD hoping to buy a few things - I didn't care if they were limited to 500 or on red vinyl or whatever. The things I sought were all sold out and I walked out without spending a dime.  I'd have bought a black vinyl/million pressing version.

Leaving without buying - that's not really supporting the store - right?

Anyway, RSD is a really neat idea that I suspect will only get better.

• Like 1