Sierra Club DC Holiday Party, Dec 1st for 100 People

lhollers

Hi all! I serve on the Board of the DC Chapter of the Sierra Club; we're starting to look for places for this year's holiday party and have the following criteria:

• available December 1st 
  • accommodates 100 people
  • Metro accessible
  • ADA compatible
  • private room preferred
  • private bar preferred
  • AV capabilities would be great (microphone, place for a projector, etc.)
  • $2-3k food/room budget

Any and all suggestions are super appreciated, and thank you!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lhollers said:

Hi all! I serve on the Board of the DC Chapter of the Sierra Club; we're starting to look for places for this year's holiday party and have the following criteria:

• available December 1st 
  • accommodates 100 people
  • Metro accessible
  • ADA compatible
  • private room preferred
  • private bar preferred
  • AV capabilities would be great (microphone, place for a projector, etc.)
  • $2-3k food/room budget

Any and all suggestions are super appreciated, and thank you!!

Cheers!

You do realize this is $20-30 per person, right? I'm not saying you won't find a sympathetic restaurant, but there won't be much in the way of food *unless* you buy your own drinks, in which case the world opens up to you. If you're looking for a cash bar, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lion said:

$20-30 per person seems ok. There should be some places who will give you the room for that amount of a non alcoholic catering budget. 

Yes, of course - I initially misread it (it's been a long day). I put a note out on Twitter, so people should be replying.

11 hours ago, DonRocks said:

You do realize this is $20-30 per person, right? I'm not saying you won't find a sympathetic restaurant, but there won't be much in the way of food *unless* you buy your own drinks, in which case the world opens up to you. If you're looking for a cash bar, it shouldn't be a problem.

Don, sorry - poor writing on my part. We're looking to spend no more than $3,000 (and preferably closer to $2,000, obviously) on food (doesn't have to be anything special or amazing...just typical holiday party buffet munchies fare), and hoping *not* to pay a fee for the room/space itself. Drinks would be solely from a cash bar, preferably one dedicated to the event itself (i.e., drinks would not be included in the food/room fee...though that would be great if they could be!).

Thanks!

(and, of course, THANK YOU for the blast out on Twitter!)

Edited by lhollers
Manners.