Vintage, Chef Stephanie Wilson's American Comfort Food in the Former Mealey's Space in New Market

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 10:54 AM, DonRocks said:

Not sure if there is a separate thread for Vintage, so here's a small review:

We had a nice meal here a few weeks ago.   The hotel dining interior is decorated in architectural antique-store distressed shutters and wall coverings - not cluttered but...you'd better like distressed things :)   The colors are 50 shades of white.   Our waiter was excellent, on point. 

Appetizers:  the pretzel bites were kind of bland, the deviled eggs were fine...the standouts were the hush puppies and the buffalo blue chips - housemade chips with mild buffalo sauce and blue cheese crumbles, very nice and light.

Main:  I had catfish which was nicely breaded and cooked nicely though mildly spiced.  It was served on a bed of really delicious corn, almost in chowder form (kind of creamed corn I suppose) and topped with "southern chow-chow" made of beans and its REALLY sweet.  I suppose the mild catfish was nice relative to the tangy sweetness of the chow-chow.  The main portions were all quite large - the chicken and waffles included a mountain of chicken piled on!  

Chef Stephanie Wilson was recently nominated for the MD restaurant association's 'chef of the year award.'

I had not been to the Mealy's incarnations (despite my posts about Mealy's) but I'd go back to Vintage.  They seem to be pretty popular.