Diya Bistro, From the Owners of Diya in Tysons Corner and Naan & Beyond in DC - Gaithersburg

Diya Bistro opened around new years at the corner of Great Seneca Highway and Quince Orchard Road in the former Famous Dave's location (which moved to the Wegmans shopping center in Germantown).  We had high hopes for this place as my wife and I generally like Indian food, and it is within walking distance of our house.  They didn't change much from when it was Famous Dave's with the exception of tables, chairs, and maybe a paint job.  The antler chandeliers still provided the light.  They really push thallis here, which gives you a plate of several items including bread a desert.  You can order a vegetarian thalis or meat thalis.  It is supposedly all you can eat.  We warned them that my wife if very sensitive to spice.  Never-the-less, her meal came out very spicy (even for my tastes).  We said something and they brought her some dal, which was also spicy.  There was one thing on the plate that she was able to eat, which looked like sweet potato.  They never checked back to see if the dal was okay for her tastes--it wasn't and she left hungry.  Maybe it is our fault that we didn't push things a bit further, but we basically gave up.  When they brought us the bill, we asked about the desert.  They said it was on our original plate.  We paid the bill and left.  Never once did they ask us if we wanted a refill.  Perhaps, they were still going through opening issues (it was a few weeks after they opened), but spice level for my wife is a deal breaker, and she would not risk going back.  I don't even remember if I would consider the food good as I was trying to make sure my wife was satisfied, so perhaps this is not a fair review.  We really wanted to love this place, as it is in our neighborhood.