The Tavern at Ivy City Smokehouse - Smoked Seafood in Ivy City's First Neighborhood Restaurant

Went two weekends ago to enjoy the nice weather and check out the new spot. Really great rooftop - wide open, nice large communal tables as well as some comfy lounge chairs and couches, and an epic banquet hall that looks perfect for a wedding reception or something similar. We were just there to enjoy the day, so we ended up getting a few wines by the glass (great selection, as there is with beers as well) and a dozen of the peel and eat shrimp, which was easily one of the best dishes I've had in 2016. Nothing special or fusion-y, just impeccable shrimp in an outstanding cajun-esque spice rub. We will no question come back for this dish alone (and get the two dozen this time). Many, many tables were sharing either the sampler platter, which appeared to have a variety of the smokehouse's signature smoked seafoods, or the grilled fish plates (most of which appeared to be salmon when we were there, with a few firm whitefishes also making an appearance). They also had a special of a whole steamed Maine lobster and sides for $25. Four glasses of happy hour wine and a dozen shrimp on a gorgeous rooftop set us back under $50. Highly recommended.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I went for lunch a couple weeks after they opened. We were so busy with the move I forgot to write about it. Overall it was good, and they'll do very well once that area fills out with more residential space. 

The "Indian Candy" smoked salmon was delicious. I would definitely recommend getting one of the platters to start. The fish tacos were ok, but not my favorite. The shrimp poboy was delicious, with perfectly fried, juicy shrimp. The bread fell apart quickly, but otherwise no complaints. 

Just went here for lunch and enjoyed it.  My gf and I split the sampler ($22 for two bagels, five kinds of fish in decent amounts, two schmear, tomato, cucumber, capers and onions).  The space was cleaner and chicer (in a good way) than I expec.  The bagel could have been better but the fish was really great.  More importantly, the bartender serving us was attentive, knowledgeable and a nice guy.  That goes a long way.

• Like 1