2005 Hofer Gruner Veltliner Trocken

DonRocks

A Terry Theise import, this thing comes sealed with a BEER CAP - you have to use a bottle opener to get it off, and once it's off, it's off. Picked it up at MacArthur's sale for $8.99 for a liter (a normal-sized bottle is 3/4 liter), and it's a pretty darned good table wine, too - works out to about $1.50 for each 5-ounce glass. A stunning example of the great 2005 vintage at work, even at the lowest pradikats.

Coincidentally, I had my first-ever Gruner Veltliner Trockenbeerenauslese a couple of weeks ago, served by none other than the Theise-meister himself (at CityZen, no less). Remarkable stuff. Surprisingly dark for (if I remember correctly) a 1998 - GV TBA gets brown quickly.

A Terry Theise import, this thing comes sealed with a BEER CAP - you have to use a bottle opener to get it off, and once it's off, it's off. Picked it up at MacArthur's sale for $8.99 for a liter (a normal-sized bottle is 3/4 liter), and it's a pretty darned good table wine, too - works out to about $1.50 for each 5-ounce glass. A stunning example of the great 2005 vintage at work, even at the lowest pradikats.

Coincidentally, I had my first-ever Gruner Veltliner Trockenbeerenauslese a couple of weeks ago, served by none other than the Theise-meister himself (at CityZen, no less). Remarkable stuff. Surprisingly dark for (if I remember correctly) a 1998 - GV TBA gets brown quickly.

this has been my friends and mine go-to quaffing wine when we get together for a meal and wine. a fin deal indeed.