"Charlottesville: Race and Terror" on VICE News Tonight on HBO

DonRocks

For those of us who live in Charlottesville, the whole "two sides" argument is particularly jarring.   The hate merchants were almost uniformly from out of town and I know so many ordinary Charlottesville residents (non-antifa) who went downtown to witness and challenge these hate-filled assholes (sorry Don).  This video does a nice job of capturing the general feeling of the weekend to a local Cville resident.  I was lucky enough to have about 50-75 of these jackasses walk past my house on the way to the "back-up park", carrying the swastika and Confederate flags through my neighborhood and screaming obscenities at my wife who video-recorded them as they went past (we decided that me being out there with her would be too provocative, especially given what we just witnessed over the Internet of what went down downtown).  I'm glad some national media recorded a close approximation of what actually happened .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

What I hope won't happen again is what happened last year at the KKK rally that preceded the Unite the Right mess in August.  There were some counter-protester activists who insisted on aggressively engaging the police.  Given that there will be an overwhelming police presence in Charlottesville this weekend, that is the more likely outcome than Nazis attacking and that in turn might give fuel to the "both sides" nonsense.

• Thanks 1