iSi Whip - Any Recipe Books Out There?

DaRiv18

I have a isi Whip that I really haven’t played with that much. Made a couple cocktail foams. I would like to get a book that explores the full range of this thing, with recipes, but the online reviews of books that focus on this appliance have poor reviews. Alternatively, I don’t want to blindly shell out $100+ for Modernist Cuisine that I may rarely open. 

Any (good) experience with books out there?

Richard Blais “Try this at Home” was a lead that really didn’t turn out. Of the three recipes in the book, his Cheese Wizard seems to be the one I’d most likely try. 

Warm 2 cups heavy cream and 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese over medium low heat. Stir frequently until melted and smooth. Refridgerate mixture until cold. Whisk the cream thoroughly to loosen it, then put in siphon  charge with two charges.  Let canister sit for 5 minutes, then shake vigorously before dispensing.

I just received The Cook’s Book which is edited by Jill Norman. This is the 648 page original release, not the concise edition. There is a 12 page section entitled Foams, authored exclusively by Ferran Adrià. This looks promising!

---

Of course, I find the comprehensive free guide after my purchase.  This looks awesome.

"Texture: A Hydrocolloid Recipe Collection" by Martin Lersch on blog.khymos.org