Le Kon - Mexican-Japanese Fusion in Clarendon Brought Upon Us by Yet Another "Top Chef," Oh God

On 11/18/2016 at 3:21 PM, DaveO said:

As a former leasing agent with restaurants I enjoyed how he described the location for the now closed Park Lane Tavern and how it might be "sold"

Top Chef Star’s ‘Le Kon’ Restaurant Opens in Clarendon, by Alex Koma  September 6, 2018, on ARLnow.com.  That is a tough strip and to me is psychologically less accessible than the rest of Clarendon.  I am not in love with the menu, but will try to keep an open mind.  Maybe I will stop by for a gin & tonic during happy hour.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dcs said:

Top Chef Star’s ‘Le Kon’ Restaurant Opens in Clarendon, by Alex Koma  September 6, 2018, on ARLnow.com.  That is a tough strip and to me is psychologically less accessible than the rest of Clarendon.  I am not in love with the menu, but will try to keep an open mind.  Maybe I will stop by for a gin & tonic during happy hour.

...speaking of drinking in Clarendon, and occasionally eating....I was at Alto Fumo Pizzeria a while back.  It occupies the old Facia Luna location, Facia Luna having been in Clarendon for what must have been decades.   Per the bartender, one of the two former owners owns Alto Fumo and the menu is pretty similar to the Facia Luna menu.

Now onto the drinking part of Alto Fumo:   Jill was the evening regular bartender.  She is a treat, knows her stuff, been slinging drinks for a long time and is a fun person.  If you want to hang out with a great personality --visit Jill.

• Like 2