Renegade is now open in the former Mr. Days space in Clarendon

"

“You can’t swing anything in Clarendon and not get nachos,” says Crump, a 25-year industry vet (Eventide, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant) and currently the executive chef at Clarendon Ballroom. “I wanted to get away from that.”

His casual menu borrows from a dozen countries and regions, from Vietnam to Egypt to Hawaii. Find curried collard greens with coconut milk, roasted harissa chicken, Filipino spring rolls, Egyptian fava bean falafel. Nothing is more than $10, and many of the dishes Crump learned how to cook from watching his fellow chefs over the years."

I asked Pat how he wants his food concept to be described -- avoiding the over worked "Street Food".  He said consider it food from in between the Tropics, in other words "equatorial."  Anyway Pat is a talented chef and technician -- he can fix almost anything, and he sharpens my knives on his home made grindstone.  The food is top quality.  He has outfitted the Mr. Days space with a state-of-the-art soundstage and will be having live music there, perhaps as early as this Friday, which, since IOTA closed, will fill a void in Clarendon night life.   He has retained the upper deck seating area so it will be a good venue for eating, drinking and listening to local musicians.

Please stop by and give it a try.

Edited by FunnyJohn
typos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FunnyJohn said:

Renegade is now open in the former Mr. Days space in Clarendon

"

“You can’t swing anything in Clarendon and not get nachos,” says Crump, a 25-year industry vet (Eventide, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant) and currently the executive chef at Clarendon Ballroom. “I wanted to get away from that.”

His casual menu borrows from a dozen countries and regions, from Vietnam to Egypt to Hawaii. Find curried collard greens with coconut milk, roasted harissa chicken, Filipino spring rolls, Egyptian fava bean falafel. Nothing is more than $10, and many of the dishes Crump learned how to cook from watching his fellow chefs over the years."

I asked Pat how he wants his food concept to be described -- avoiding the over worked "street Food".  He said consider it food from in between the Tropics, in other words "equatorial."  Anyway Pat is a talented chef and technician -- he can fix almost anything, and he sharpens my knives on his home made grindstone.  The food is top quality.  He has outfitted the Mr. Days space with a state-of-the-art soundstage and will be having live music there, perhaps as early as this Friday, which, since IOTA closed, will fill a void in Clarendon night life.   He has retained the upper deck seating area so it will be a good venue for easting, drinking and listening to local musicians.

Please stop by and give it a try.

Nice story.  Large space, probably a lot of rent.  I'll give it a shot.