Pre Ordering from Garner's Produce & Spring Valley

I should have posted them early enough so you could order for tomorrow, but I didn't. So think about this for next week.

Spring Valley is offering boxes for pick up

Pre Order for Spring Valley

Garner Produce has pickup at Dupont at least.

Order form for Garner

We are getting a small box from Spring Valley and have ordered about 10 items for $36 from Garner including eggs and cornmeal. 

Will report back on the process.

Spring Valley offers pickup from the following locations:

FRESHFARM DuPont Circle Market, D.C. Sunday 8:30 am to 1:30 pm

Westover Farmer's Market, Arlington, VA Sunday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm

Old Town Alexandria Farmer's Market, Alexandria, VA Saturday 7:00 am to 12:00 pm

FRESHFARM Silver Springs Market, Silver Springs MD Saturday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm

Falls Church Farmer's Market, Falls Church, VA Saturday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm PENDING

Spring Valley had both open tables and boxes. Our box had a lot of stuff: 

ramps
cucumbers
beets {no greens}
spinach
Baby salad greens
sweet potatoes

The stuff from Garner was good, Beets with greens look super. Kalettes and flowering kale both are going to be good too. They only have pickup. You can order a box or order items. We tried their cornmeal and they also have grits. 

8 minutes ago, deangold said:

Spring Valley had both open tables and boxes. Our box had a lot of stuff: 

ramps
cucumbers
beets {no greens}
spinach
Baby salad greens
sweet potatoes

The stuff from Garner was good, Beets with greens look super. Kalettes and flowering kale both are going to be good too. They only have pickup. You can order a box or order items. We tried their cornmeal and they also have grits. 

My box didn't have beets :(  But it did have apples and sprouts instead, and Hubby loves apples, so good deal, plus I have canned beets.

11 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

My box didn't have beets :(  But it did have apples and sprouts instead, and Hubby loves apples, so good deal, plus I have canned beets.

I forgot we got he apples and beets as well. Large beets that roast up great based on our last purchase. Spring Valley will be pre order only next week. I would check their facebook page for info. 

Spring Valley Facebook

2 hours ago, Rhone1998 said:

This is what was in the gold box this morning from Spring Valley, to give you a sense of how much to expect. Anyone have any good sweet potato recipes for someone who doesn’t like sweet potatoes? 😬

You can roast them and then mash adding butter & cream. Mix in a couple of eggs. Heavily spice them with black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, hot chile, all spice, golden syrup or brown sugar, ginger {freash, freshly powdered or crystal}  etc. Mix in crisp cooked bacon and the fat. Top with graham cracker crumbs {Vanilla wafer crumbs, panko & brown sugar etc}Bake in a well oiled baking dish. Bake till toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for a bit. You can serve warm or cold.

The idea is to add enough bacon {ham or sausage will work too} so you don't notice the sweet potato flavor or you develop a Pavlovian association between healthy sweet potatoes and yummy dead pig products. 

• Like 1