Banh Mi So 1 is tucked in a corner of Eden Center and as far as I know, been there for years. 

It serves up a pretty damned good Banh Mi. Their strong point is the bread which is dangerously flaky if you eat your sandwich in the car {this is a hypothetical bases on studies, not actual practice.}The veggies and spice levels re nice and they use a mayo that is addictive. Their fillings are a touch behind Banh Mi DC and Le Bledo. But the bread is the best by far. So in a ranking, i'd put them tied or just behind Banh Mi DC, and both behind Le Bledo. Of course the convenience of grabbing a Banh Mi on the way home fro Good Fortune market is hard to beat {Good Fortune is now as good as any Asian grocery as I discover the store more and more.}

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonRocks said:

Oh come now.

Seriously. It is probably Miracle Whip and I just have never had it before. Actually it had some flavoings and perhaps a bit of citrus to thin it. We both commented on it while and after eating it. 

7 minutes ago, deangold said:

Seriously. It is probably Miracle Whip and I just have never had it before. Actually it had some flavoings and perhaps a bit of citrus to thin it. We both commented on it while and after eating it. 

Intriguing. You've had numerous different Banh Mi, so I take this seriously. There actually *is* a good store-bought mayo I've had recently - I had it just today in a wonderful chicken salad.

mayo.jpg

2 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Intriguing. You've had numerous different Banh Mi, so I take this seriously. There actually *is* a good store-bought mayo I've had recently - I had it just today in a wonderful chicken salad.

mayo.jpg

I also like Veganaise, but only the grapeseed oil version. My former boss at Whole Foods was partners in Follow Your Heart which was a health food store in LA. His partner tried to get him to help launch Veganaise as a retail product. My boss wanted no part of it so he traded his interest int he recipe for the other partners half of the store. 

My former boss wound up a bigwig at Whole Foods and cashed out with big bucks. The guy from Veganaise cashed in big time. But for a long time, my boss looked like ha made a bad choice. 

I make my won mayo at home and store it in a mason jar in the fridge. That way I can thin or flavor it as I want. The current batch is roasted garlic & anchovy. I buy 5# or 3# jars of peeled garlic so we usually have roasted garlic which helps the turnover. We have not bought a jar of mayo since we moved.