Artisan Confections Chocolate Class

cucas87

Our own member Jason Andelman of Artisan Confections is offering us another opportunity to learn about the art of chocolate through his chocolate making class.

This is a chocolate making class that will not only delight your palate, but also leave you with gifts to take home to your family and friends.

The class will be held on Wednesday, August 29th from 7-9 pm and there is room for 10 people to attend. The cost will be approximately $50. The exact cost and payment details will be announced shortly.

Note: we will be filling this class on a first come first served basis.

If you would like to join us please PM me.

Below is more information about the class and what it entails. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-----------------------------------

Hands-on Artisan Chocolate Making

Class Schedule

Two hours of hands-on instruction and demonstration of artisanal chocolate making.

Major highlights include:

* Tasting and discussion of chocolate varietals

* How to make ganache

* How to make molded chocolates

* Using an enrober

* Samples throughout the evening and light refreshments

* Make your own original confections to take home

* Fun and informal environment

Artisan Confections is located at 4815-B Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207 between Columbus Street N. and Buchanan Street N. near the intersection of Glebe Road N. Parking is available.

An update on the chocolate making class: There are a few more spots available, so please PM me if you are interested. Jason has offered to schedule a second class if there is sufficient interest, so keep the PMs coming. Also, the cost of the class is $50/person (this is a discounted price for donrockwell.com). I'll post the payment details shortly.

Below is a list of people who have signed up for the chocolate making class on August 29th with Jason Andelman of Artisan Confections. Please note that the class is limited to 10 people and I have started a "waiting list." I've also started a list of people who would like to take the class at another time.

Please read the payment information below.

Payment terms: The cost of the class is $50 and payment will be made directly to Artisan Confections.

To secure your spot in the class, please contact Jason Andelman by the close of business on Thursday, August 23rd to reserve your spot with a credit card. Your credit card will not be charged when you call Jason, but it will serve to reserve your spot in the class. Jason can be reached at Artisan Confections at 703-239-0616 between 8:30 am and 6 pm. (Note: the store is closed on Sundays and Mondays and Jason will be out of town this weekend). If you do not contact Jason by the close of business on the 23rd, we will open your spot to other interested people.

Cancellation policy: Due to the limited class size, once you have reserved your spot in the class, we will hold that space for you. If you need to change your plans and and your space cannot be filled by someone else, or if you if you fail to show up for the class, you will be charged $30 as a cancellation fee.

Participants

Walrus

purplesachi and politburo

demetrius +1

catharine

sam

gubeen

squidsdc +1

Waiting List

Smokey

Note: If you are listed above as a participant and you have changed your mind and no longer are interested, please let me know as soon as possible because as of now, the class is full.

Below is a revised list of people who have signed up for the chocolate making class on August 29th with Jason Andelman of Artisan Confections. Please note that the class is limited to 10 people and there is a waiting list, so if you have not contacted Artisan Confections yet, please do so immediately to reserve your spot.

Participants

Walrus +tripewriter

purplesachi and politburo

catharine

sam

gubeen

squidsdc +1

smokey

Waiting List

atenna

Note: If you are listed above as a participant and you have changed your mind and no longer are interested, please let me know as soon as possible because as of now, the class is full.

Update 1: If your name is listed in this thread as someone who has signed up for the chocolate making class (to be held this Wednesday, August 29th) and you still intend to attend the class, please be sure to contact Jason Andelman at 703.239.0616 by no later than tomorrow, Saturday, August 25th to reserve your spot. If you do not contact Jason by tomorrow, we cannot guarantee that a spot will be available for you.

Update 2: There are 2 spots left in the class. If you have not yet signed up but would like to participate, please contact Jason Andelman at 703.239.0616 by no later than tomorrow, Saturday, August 25th to reserve your spot. If you do not contact Jason by tomorrow, we cannot guarantee that a spot will be available for you.

A few spots have opened up unexpectedly for Wednesday's chocolate making class. If you are interested, please immediately contact Jason Andelman at 703. 239.0616. This is a great chance to take on of Jason's excellent classes at a special dr.com discount.

Many thanks to Jason for giving this wonderful class. Thanks also to cucas87 for her organizing efforts. I can't say enough good things about what a fun and educational experience this was. I truly enjoyed it from start to finish.

And Jason, I wasn't kidding...I plan to be first in line when you start selling those brownies. They're incredible!

like everyone else, i had a fantastic time learning about making chocolates. i might have to give up my normal salty treats to finish all the chocolate i brought home! it was also really great to meet other dr members! :angry:

jason - thanks for passing along all of your knowledge!

cucas87 - thanks for putting this together!

Add me to the list of satisfied customers--it was great to meet other DR.com members, Jason led a fun and informative class and there are lots of chocolates being enjoyed chez Smokey. I wholeheartedly recommend the class to anybody who is interested in learning more about chocolate!

I agree, an absolutely wonderful class! My only regret is that my chocolates are almost gone. My children were waiting up for me, like small hungry jackals, I shared some w/ the babysitter, his family, other friends. If it weren't for my son hoarding the caramels, there would be almost nothing left. I guess I'm going to have to make some chocolates, although I know they won't have the finish of the ones we did the other night. Thank you, Jason, for a great intro to chocolate...Linda

I agree, an absolutely wonderful class! My only regret is that my chocolates are almost gone. My children were waiting up for me, like small hungry jackals, I shared some w/ the babysitter, his family, other friends. If it weren't for my son hoarding the caramels, there would be almost nothing left. I guess I'm going to have to make some chocolates, although I know they won't have the finish of the ones we did the other night. Thank you, Jason, for a great intro to chocolate...Linda

So you did decide to share with the babysitter??? With only 2 of us in the house, I am going to have chocolate for a few weeks at the rate I eat it at. Poor me!

I am glad everyone enjoyed the class, I had a great time and it was nice to meet everyone in person. BTW, the brownies that Catherine is referring to are now available in the shop @ $2.00/ea. Please come by and say hello if you are in the neighborhood.

I did share, my friend was practically swooning & wanted to know where the shop was. I came home & ordered Chocolate & Confections by Peter Greweling off Amazon the next day, I can't wait until it arrives. Also, egullet has an online 'course', Confectionary 101, which has some good basic instructions for making caramel & nougat. This way, Jason, if you decide to ever offer a chocolate weekend, I'll be prepped...

If there is anyone out there that wanted to take the Chocolate Class in August but was unable to attend? I had a couple of cancellations for my class this Thursday (9/27) at 7 PM. If anyone is interested, I have 4 spots available. Please contact me ASAP if you would like to come. Feel free to PM or email me for more information. The classes normally run $65.00/pp, but since it is such short notice I can offer the spaces up at $55.00/ea (just don't tell the other members of the class....)

Many Thanks,

Jason Andelman

jason@artisanconfections.com

703-239-0616

Sorry for the double post...I moved this from the other thread.

If there is anyone out there that wanted to take the Chocolate Class in August but was unable to attend? I had a couple of cancellations for my class this Thursday (9/27) at 7 PM. If anyone is interested, I have 4 spots available. Please contact me ASAP if you would like to come. Feel free to PM or email me for more information. The classes normally run $65.00/pp, but since it is such short notice I can offer the spaces up at $55.00/ea (just don't tell the other members of the class....)

Many Thanks,

Jason Andelman

jason@artisanconfections.com

703-239-0616

We have 2 spots available in our intro chocolate class this Saturday at 5 PM. (due to a cancellation). The class runs from 5-7 PM and the cost is $65/pp.

It is a lot of fun and you go home with a whole bunch of chocolate. If anyone is interested, please call me at 703-239-0616, or email at jason@artisanconfections.com

Thanks,

J