New Year's Eve 2007

wolverine

I just checked with Komi: One menu @ $155 with a $90 wine pairing. They opened for New Years Eve reservations today at noon and it took a while to get through.... not sure how much longer they'll have openings.

I have been to Komi twice and have found the experience extraordinary on both occasions. Has anyone had any experience with Komi (or any other fine restaurant) on New Years Eve? Is the $50+ New Year's Eve upcharge commensurate with an increased level of cuisine or are we just paying for the date??

I just checked with Komi: One menu @ $155 with a $90 wine pairing...

...Has anyone had any experience with Komi (or any other fine restaurant) on New Years Eve? Is the $50+ New Year's Eve upcharge commensurate with an increased level of cuisine or are we just paying for the date??

Thanks for the info ibis888! From the Komi thread- last year the New Year's Eve menu was $125 with $90 pairing (click) (but since then, Chef Monis received the Food and Wine Best New Chef recognition). Here's a post from the Komi thread on the dinner.

I just checked with Komi: One menu @ $155 with a $90 wine pairing. They opened for New Years Eve reservations today at noon and it took a while to get through.... not sure how much longer they'll have openings.

I have been to Komi twice and have found the experience extraordinary on both occasions. Has anyone had any experience with Komi (or any other fine restaurant) on New Years Eve? Is the $50+ New Year's Eve upcharge commensurate with an increased level of cuisine or are we just paying for the date??

I was there last year and enjoyed it very much.

The lady and I are deciding between Central, Palena, and Cashion's for dinner plans that evening, and I'm trying to find out some information about if there are special menus being offered at the latter two. For those who might be interested, Central is offering a 5 course meal, priced at $75 for the first seating (5:30 to 7) and then $95 for the second seating, the price of which includes a glass of champagne.

Also, I've been calling around to some other places, and for the good of the universe, I'll post what I found out here:

Central (as mentioned above): 5 course meal - first seating $75; second seating $95 w/ complementary glass of champagne

Tosca: a la carte menu offered as well as 5-course meal, price TBD

Proof: a la carte menu as well as $150 tasting menu

Poste: first seating - 3 courses for $65 +$20 wine pairing; second seating - 5 courses for $85 + $30 wine pairing

Viridian: first seating - 3 courses for $55 + $20 wine pairing; second seating - 5 courses for $75 + $35 wine pairing

Cashion's: $90 prix fixe four course menu

Folks, this is what we are doing at Indique Heights :

NEW YEARS EVE

option - 1 - Four Course Menu - Seating starts at 5.30 PM till 6.45

$40.00 PER PERSON FOUR COURSE PRIX FIXE MENU

option -2 - New Year eve Extravaganza - starts at 9 PM to 1 AM - $ 95.00

MENU - FOUR COURSE PRIX FIXE MENU :

VEGETARIAN

First Course (Chef Station)

Papri Chaat

Bhelpuri

Vegetable Dosa

Green Salad

Second Course (Chef Station)

Malli Pappu Saru

(A coriander flavored lentil & tomato broth)

Third Course (served at your table)

Paneer Lababdar

(Homemade cheese cooked with assorted peppers, onions, tomatoes, spices & cream)

Baingan Pepper Masala

(Baby eggplant cooked with pepper & spices)

Aloo Dill

(Potatoes cooked with dill & spices)

Saag Mushroom

(Spinach & mushroom delicately spiced)

Assorted Breads

Dal Makhani

Pineapple Raita

Fourth Course (served at your table)

Mango Cheese Flan with Ice Cream

Profiterole a la Indique

NON- VEGETARIAN MENU

NON-VEGETARIAN

First Course (Chef Station)

Papri Chaat

Bhelpuri

Vegetable Dosa

Green Salad

Second Course (Chef Station)

Bisque a la Indique

Third Course (served at your table)

Kori Kodellu

(A mangalorean chicken dish made with shallots, tomato, a blend of roasted spices containing of red chilis, coriander, cumin & pepper corns)

Lamb Chops Bhuna

(Lamb chops with a blend of onions, tomoatoes & spices)

Aloo Dill

(Potatoes cooked with dill & spices)

Saag Mushroom

(Spinach & mushroom delicately spiced)

Assorted Breads

Dal Makhani

Pineapple Raita

Fourth Course (served at your table)

Mango Cheese Flan with Ice Cream

Profiterole a la Indique

OPTION 2 - NEW YEAR EVE EXTRAVAGANZA - 9 PM - 1 AM

$95.00 PER PERSON