Breakfast in B-more

I am planning a very nice brunch in Baltimore on Sunday before I go to the matinee show of August Wilson’s Radio Golf. I have reservations at both Hampton's and Pisces and I cannot decide which one to go to.

I'm worried that Pisces may just be all hype about the view but just mediocre food.

Please help oh marvelous foodies!!

LaShanta

I'm worried that Pieces may just be all hype about the view but just mediocre food.
I would say that the view at Pisces does probably does not compensate for the food, but I've never had brunch there. Hampton's is top of the heap for Inner Harbor fine dining, although I've had good breakfasts at Windows, in the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel (in the Galleria).

I think that Hampton's is the hands down winner over Pisces.

But, I would also consider Abacrombie Fine Foods. They start serving brunch at noon on Sundays. They are less than a mile north of Center Stage so it would allow you to park the car once and walk to both. The food is great and the room is nice but not in the queen for a day way that Hampton's is.

I have an appointment in Baltimore verrrrrrry early Friday morning. I scanned the B&A forum but didn't see anything that seemed to pertain particularly to breakfasty foods. Any insiders tips out there? I'd rather get breakfast in town than try to fight my way back to NoVa after the meeting...

I have an appointment in Baltimore verrrrrrry early Friday morning. I scanned the B&A forum but didn't see anything that seemed to pertain particularly to breakfasty foods. Any insiders tips out there? I'd rather get breakfast in town than try to fight my way back to NoVa after the meeting...

Miss Shirley's. Mascarpone grits with applewood bacon. You can thank me later.

Spoons, in Federal Hill. By the way, is it just me or does Baltimore do breakfast better than DC?

Favorite Baltimore Breakfast Spots (most of my favorite spots are all walking distance from each other in the northern part of the city):

Ms. Shirley's on Cold Spring Lane (Irish Oatmeal with seasonal fruit!)

Pete's Grill in Waverly (great to have fluffy warm pancakes before/after the farmer's market--but remember to bring cash to this no-frills establishment)

One World Cafe in Charles Village (Incredible Fair trade coffee you can either enjoy on the couch, at the bar or seated at a table; great vegetarian and vegan options too)

Gertrude's at the Baltimore Museum of Art--esp. pretty in the summer time in the sculpture garden (just a stones throw away from One World)

Paper Moon Diner (Funky and delicious. I will never grow out of wanting milkshakes with breakfast!)

Spoons in Fed Hill--best coffee I've ever had and the bananas foster french toast is pretty exceptional