Dining in SoBo

So is there an interesting restaurant with great food say on the south side of Baltimore? We have friends that live in Parkville and we live in Laurel and we'd like to meet someplace in between. Cuisine? Open to all. Price? Reasonable-ish but open to lower or higher end joints, too. It needs to be a sit down restaurant, ideally a place we can linger and not feel rushed as we haven't gotten together in quite a bit...

So? What fits the bill and is exciting you now?

Thanks for the tips. I've heard 'meh' things about Bicycle. But Corks and Cynthia's both sound interesting.

Based on my one experience there about three years ago, I would avoid Corks. (I tried to link to my review back then but couldn't find it.)

So is there an interesting restaurant with great food say on the south side of Baltimore? We have friends that live in Parkville and we live in Laurel and we'd like to meet someplace in between. Cuisine? Open to all. Price? Reasonable-ish but open to lower or higher end joints, too. It needs to be a sit down restaurant, ideally a place we can linger and not feel rushed as we haven't gotten together in quite a bit...

So? What fits the bill and is exciting you now?

There are a couple places in Canton that may fit the bill, though I wouldn't characterize the food as "great". But then I am a bit of a hard sell. I recently ate at Helen's Garden - excellent, interesting starters, but the entrees were a bit stodgy and merely ok. There's alway Pazo, which though not as good as it once was imo, is still reliably high-quality and certainly visually impressive. I had very good pho and pretty good other Viet food and An Loi in Columbia recently, though this of course would be a longer drive for you. I must say that I have never been impressed with the food at Bicycle, and the fervor of its very loyal fololwing utterly baffles me. Many dishes seem gratuitously "interesting", and though the food is pretty good most of the time, I don't think its a very good value. Hope this helps.