Steaks in DC

SeanMike

My granddad is coming in from WV weekend after next. The 'rents will be coming in, too.

He's staying with my brother and I in East Falls Church, and we want to take him out for steak - maybe Friday night, depending on when he comes in, but more likely Saturday. He tends to eat early, but we've got an event going through lunchtime, so right now I don't know what time we're looking at.

That all being said, he hates (with a passion) chicken but loves steak. So my brother and I want to take him out somewhere really good for steak, but I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing.

I think Ray's The Steaks would probably be good, just not sure about timing on getting there.

Any other suggestions? He hasn't been to DC in a long time, so I want to take him somewhere memorable.

Thanks!

My granddad is coming in from WV weekend after next. The 'rents will be coming in, too.

He's staying with my brother and I in East Falls Church, and we want to take him out for steak - maybe Friday night, depending on when he comes in, but more likely Saturday. He tends to eat early, but we've got an event going through lunchtime, so right now I don't know what time we're looking at.

That all being said, he hates (with a passion) chicken but loves steak. So my brother and I want to take him out somewhere really good for steak, but I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing.

I think Ray's The Steaks would probably be good, just not sure about timing on getting there.

Any other suggestions? He hasn't been to DC in a long time, so I want to take him somewhere memorable.

Thanks!

If you want Ray's, but are unsure about the getting there and waiting part, drive the extra few minutes to Ray's the Classics in Silver Spring, since they take reservations. (in fact, you should be calling now for a prime table next weekend...)

I just wanted to respond since I hadn't followed up. It ends up, with the way the timing worked out, that we just grilled up some steaks on our little charcoal hibachi in my condo complex.

And you know what? It was all good. ;)

Now me, I'm still going to hit Ray's before I get pulled outta DHS...