Best of Bethesda

Dave Pressley

My wife and I have a babysitter this Saturday night and are going to try a new area for an evening--Bethesda. Neither of us have ever been there for a night in our 30+ years in Northern Virginia. I have heard of quite a few restaurants that are recommended in that area, but since I have no idea what places are within walking distance of each other once we park the car, I am clueless as to where to go.

If you had one evening in Bethesda, what would be the place that you would go to for a couple drinks around 5:30-6:00 and where would you go for dinner around 7:30? Good food is an absolute must. Pleasant view and/or atmosphere is secondary, but still very desirable. Oh, and we don't want anything dressier than business casual.

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way!

Bethesda is indeed a city of wonders! Full of fascinating intersections, spectacular monuments to culinary mediocrity, and numerous psychiatrist's offices, one could spend minutes taking in all it has to offer.

How bout Passage to India, or Black's?

Be sure to stop by Metro Center and view the looooong escalator. I once fell down the up escalator for 4 days, 3 hours, and 22 minutes, shattering the old record and every bone in my body.

Bethesda is indeed a city of wonders! Full of fascinating intersections, spectacular monuments to culinary mediocrity, and numerous psychiatrist's offices, one could spend minutes taking in all it has to offer.

How bout Passage to India, or Black's?

Be sure to stop by Metro Center and view the looooong escalator. I once fell down the up escalator for 4 days, 3 hours, and 22 minutes, shattering the old record and every bone in my body.

I would add Grapeseed to the Blacks and Passage to India, particularly if you are interested in wine.