Best of Washington

hmmboy

I stopped in last night and it was quite a show. I'd guess well over 1000 people - attractive crowd, predominantly female. Lots of big name chefs - Michel Richard, Eric Ziebold, etc. Did not try everything but my favorite was the KBQ barbecue brisket - damn. that was deeeelish!!! I went back 3 times! Second favorite was Haidar's seafood cocktail "La Paz" - but, of course, I am prejudiced where my partner/chef's cooking is concerned! As these events go, this was a very good one.

P.S. As I entered the building I noticed a commotion at front door. Several patrons were backing away but I kept approaching and witnessed 2 security guards take down and pummel a young thug who was trying to crash the event. Lots of folks were freaked out but I could only chuckle and think "Best of Washington."

Missed that brisket (as well as some sauteed cherry thing that Hook was doing which was supposed to be great). My favorite bites were:

Citronelle - Mushroom Duxelle in Brioche

The Source - Tuna Tartare in Tuile

Equinox - Fried Green Tomato with Ham

Missed that brisket (as well as some sauteed cherry thing that Hook was doing which was supposed to be great). My favorite bites were:

Citronelle - Mushroom Duxelle in Brioche

The Source - Tuna Tartare in Tuile

Equinox - Fried Green Tomato with Ham

Heather's sauteed cherries were great, but I expected nothing less from my favorite DC pastry chef!

Was there last year and thought it was a fun, well organized event. A lot of very good food. Part of the proceeds go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Thanks! Glad to hear it was well organized.. I think we will check it out.