Lunch in Frederick

DC Deb

I'm heading up to Frederick tomorrow. Can you recommend a place for lunch in the old town area? I'm looking for a casual inexpensive lunch. I read the postings about Lunch Box. Is that still good? Are there places alongs those lines?

Thanks.

Deb

We walked around for a while. I didn't want to spend too much for lunch. It was a toss-up between Sabor de Cuba and Patrick's Irish Pub. The pub won because it had good air conditioning. BF had a Ruben and I had the prime rib sandwich. I was pleasantly surprised by my sandwich. I was expecting a thin sliced "French dip" sandwich. It was a full 10 oz cut of prime rib on toast. It came with a basket of seasoned fries. Pretty good deal for $9.99.

It is an interesting set-up. The pub is connected to the steakhouse next door http://www.annessteakhouse.com/index.htmland actually shares the same menu.

Patrick's Irish Pub. The pub won because it had good air conditioning. BF had a Ruben and I had the prime rib sandwich. I was pleasantly surprised by my sandwich. I was expecting a thin sliced "French dip" sandwich. It was a full 10 oz cut of prime rib on toast. It came with a basket of seasoned fries. Pretty good deal for $9.99.

It is an interesting set-up. The pub is connected to the steakhouse next door http://www.annesstea....com/index.htmland actually shares the same menu.

Thanks Deb, I've driven by Patrick's Irish Pub and wondered if it was related to the one on Pratt Street in Balto. The Baltimore original is, by their declaration, the oldest Irish Pub in the US. It's been at the same location on Pratt Street since 1863 and owned by the same family since 1847.