Capri, Italian in Downtown McLean - Chef Beatrice Zelaya in McLean Shopping Center

Bravo! Everyone should venture out on a limb!

We went to Capri tonight and were pleasantly surprised. The Caesar and green salads were just OK, but the lobster ravioli and cappelini primavera with whole wheat pasta in a very tasty tomato sauce were both outstanding. Service was superb, and the place had a nice warm vibe. Interestingly, it started to fill up around 8:30--just about the time when McLean rolls up the sidewalks.

We went to Capri tonight and were pleasantly surprised. The Caesar and green salads were just OK, but the lobster ravioli and cappelini primavera with whole wheat pasta in a very tasty tomato sauce were both outstanding. Service was superb, and the place had a nice warm vibe. Interestingly, it started to fill up around 8:30--just about the time when McLean rolls up the sidewalks.

Service has always been good at Capri. And you're right, not everything is good, but there're lots of good stuff for a place in McLean. I know McLean is no foodie destination but it's always good to know where we can go in our backyard in a pinch.

Service has always been good at Capri. And you're right, not everything is good, but there're lots of good stuff for a place in McLean. I know McLean is no foodie destination but it's always good to know where we can go in our backyard in a pinch.

We had planned to go to Raaga tonight, but the storms drove us to nearby Cafe Oggi. The bread was tasteless and cold. But my avocado/tomato salad with balsamic and olive oil was quite decent-avocado creamy and tomato acceptable. Plus One had the seafood stew which was decent but had too much really chewy calamari. I had the spaghetti with baby clams in red sauce. It was very good--not overcooked and not overly salty. Unlike Capri, Cafe Oggi does not offer whole wheat pasta. The website falsely promises a special weekend menu. Service was excellent, and it was so quiet that conversation was "easy." Overall, Capri was slightly better.

We've started going to Capri in the past year.  I especially like their eggplant parmesan appetizer.  I'm always apprehensive ordering this at restaurants because most times you will get either days-old eggplant parm or previously-frozen supermarket eggplant parm.  I've had it twice at Capri and both time I give it 👍.  My husband really likes their calamari fritti (although he would love some tentacles instead of all rings) and scallops linguini entree.  The clientele skews old (like me I guess) and the atmosphere is subdued (which I like).  Service is efficient and friendly.

• Like 3