Kilroy's, Tavern in Ravensworth Shopping Center on Braddock Road and I-495 in Burke

On 7/13/2016 at 7:34 PM, Kibbee Nayee said:

Not-all-that-far-off-topic, but I love threads on suburban strip malls. I've always liked Ravensworth, and I don't think Kilroy's is atrocious. I've had a respectable prime rib meal there a few times, at a fraction of the price of most places. They also pride themselves in wings and substantial pours of adult beverages.

I'm glad to hear this, Kibbee - I made a mistake with Kilroy's, mistaking it for Brion's Grille up by Ox Road before I realized that I have never been to this restaurant, not even once.

• Like 1

I agree with KN above, albeit with a caveat.   This perspective is certainly dated as I probably haven't been to Kilroy's in over a decade.  But for 2 decades before that I was there off and on - maybe a dozen times, maybe more. 

A "grown up" sort of sports bar in the context that it had more restaurant attributes than similar type places.  I agree on the prime rib.  Probably had it 1/2 dozen times along with others also \choosing it.  Respectable is a good description.  Definitely value against price.  If the quality of the prime rib hasn't changed...it would still be a good choice.

• Like 1

I've only lived in the area since 1981, but as far as I can remember, Kilroy's has been in the Ravensworth Shopping Center for most, if not all, of that time. Actually, I just checked their website. It opened at that location in 1981 as a bar called "Uncle Sam's" and changed to Kilroy's in 1984. When the drinking age was raised (don't know the year) the business was transitioned from a bar to a family restaurant. I haven't been there in years, but I have friends who eat there regularly and love it.

BTW, the USPS considers its address Springfield, but I would call it Annandale. Burke's eastern border is somewhere around Rolling Road.