Cookie Dough Storage

mame11

I have a very fond memory of eating at the last automat the first time I went to New York with my parents. It was on my Dad's "to do" list as he had eaten at them during his visits to New York as a child.

Alas, that is not the purpose of my post this morning. I need the advice from the collective master chefs of DR.com.

I made chocolate chip cookie dough last night. I rolled it into 4 logs and refrigerated overnight. I understand that it is perfectly fine to freeze cookie dough. My question is how? Each roll is wrapped in aluminum foil. Can I place the rolls in a freezer bag and call it a day? Is aluminum foil the best option?

Thanks in advance...

I made chocolate chip cookie dough last night. I rolled it into 4 logs and refrigerated overnight. I understand that it is perfectly fine to freeze cookie dough. My question is how? Each roll is wrapped in aluminum foil. Can I place the rolls in a freezer bag and call it a day? Is aluminum foil the best option?

Thanks in advance...

I usually wrap the log in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. However, if you're interested in conducting a controlled experiment, I can store one log in my freezer and report back on the quality of the baked cookies in two week increments. I'd even be willing... all in the name of science, of course... to compare the quality of the baked goods with and without milk.

I have a very fond memory of eating at the last automat the first time I went to New York with my parents. It was on my Dad's "to do" list as he had eaten at them during his visits to New York as a child.

Alas, that is not the purpose of my post this morning. I need the advice from the collective master chefs of DR.com.

Thanks in advance...

Aluminum foil is a waste if you ask me. Plastic wrap is much better for creating as good an an air-proof seal as you are going to get. The main goal is to keep the air out. Wrap the logs tightly in plastic and then in a freezer bag and you will be good to go.