Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

Pat

The segment on the Tune Inn is on tonight at 10 PM.

I could have sworn there was a thread for this, but after a long time searching, I concluded I was wrong.

I just found this one using google:

http://www.donrockwell.com/index.php?showtopic=8687

Sorry.

{Actually, that thread is on our own, local "diners, drive-ins, and dives" -- where to find that sort of food. You were right to start this thread.}

I think there are some posts somewhere about which other places he hit in town ... let us know if those episodes show up.

{Actually, that thread is on our own, local "diners, drive-ins, and dives" -- where to find that sort of food. You were right to start this thread.}

LOL. When I found that other thread, I scanned the first post, which started out by talking about the tv show, so I figured that's what it was about and didn't check any further...or pay very close attention :(.

The Tune Inn is the first segment on the episode. I misread the web site and thought it was airing again. I guess it will eventually, but it's not on the schedule now.

I know Tortilla Cafe is another spot on the Hill they visited, and when I asked the owner a couple of months ago, he thought it was airing fairly soon. I'll have to ask again.

Edited by Pat

I think there are some posts somewhere about which other places he hit in town ... let us know if those episodes show up.

Guy visited G-Spot on his swing through the area. The air dates for their episode changed to next week. From Chef & Robin's recent email:

One last reminder that our episode of "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" will be airing this coming Monday, September 13th, at 10:00 pm. The title of our episode is "Timeless", and there will be repeat showings on September 14th at 1:00 am, and September 24th at 9:00 pm.

I'm wondering if Guy Fieri is slowing rebranding himself. I'm watching a DDD that apparently aired last summer. Noble Pig in Austin. He loves the sandwiches they make and concludes that their artisan sandwiches are what his show is all about. I wouldn't think of any diner d-in or dive sandwich as artisan, regardless of how tasty and wonderful they are.