Low Alcohol Beers

xcanuck

Interesting article in today's NY Times about brewmasters turning out high quality low alcohol beers. There are definitely times when I know I'm going to have more than a few pints, so I'll turn away from stronger beers. I wish I knew of places around town where I could get these kind of session beers. Any ideas?
Rustico has a bunch. I think a brewer from PA is doing session beers.

Interesting article in today's NY Times about brewmasters turning out high quality low alcohol beers. There are definitely times when I know I'm going to have more than a few pints, so I'll turn away from stronger beers. I wish I knew of places around town where I could get these kind of session beers. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, few of these beers travel/keep well (I had a spoiled bottle of Anchor Small last year) and I've not heard of our local brewpubs doing anything under 4%. Bottle seems to be the best bet, but the freshness issue makes it difficult unless you can ensure you get it as soon as the vendor (bar or liquor store) does. Coniston Bluebird Bitter is one that seems to hold up pretty well, and it's effing delicious to boot.

ETA: the Italian craft brewers are also putting out some great session stuff, but it's expensive.