Help With Sunday Lunch TOMORROW

Rhone1998

Hi all,

My aunt has a 4 hour layover at BWI tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. I don't know the area at all, and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on a nice restaurant where we might have lunch, fairly close to the airport. any cuisine.

Thanks a lot,

Dan

Hi all,

My aunt has a 4 hour layover at BWI tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. I don't know the area at all, and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on a nice restaurant where we might have lunch, fairly close to the airport. any cuisine.

Thanks a lot,

Dan

You know what? Since it's your aunt, I'm going to recommend one of the soups at The Sunset in Glen Burnie, which is a comfortable institution for middle-aged or older residents, and it serves up pretty good chowders and soups among other things. Have a look at the website and see what you think.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Thanks, guys.

I gave my aunt a choice between these two recommendations. She lives in Albuquerque NM and doesn't get much good seafood, so she chose G&M for the crab cakes.

The crab cakes weren't too bad - they went a bit too heavy on the mustard for my taste, but they were large and plump and had a good amount of large pieces of crab meat in them. The other things we had -- mussels, garden salads, spinach, and a slice of carrot cake -- were pretty meh, honestly, but it was worth going for the crab cakes and the location 10 minutes from the terminal. Thanks again!

The other things we had -- mussels, garden salads, spinach, and a slice of carrot cake -- were pretty meh

Whoops - should have warned you about that. G&M is a really good location for crabcakes for people coming from or going to BWI, but it's not a destination, and the rest of the menu is pretty meh. Still, it's very Baltimore, service is quite good, and all of the waitresses call you hon.