R. Lopez de Heredia

This is not the first time I've waxed poetically about the wines of R. Lopez de Heredia, in Haro, Rioja, Spain. Made in the very traditional, long aging in rat-old American oak, style of yesteryear, the blancos, rosados (current release is 1999), and tintos are all extremely intricate and long-lived. While the waxiness and subtle fruit of a young Lopez may be unusual, the pleasure of following a bottle all the way through is unlike any in the world of wine.

Which is all a big ol' prelude to saying that Arrowine has the winemaker, Mari Jose Lopez de Heredia, pouring her wines this evening (Wednesday 3/25), from 5:30 to 7:30. Cancel your plans and go.

This is not the first time I've waxed poetically about the wines of R. Lopez de Heredia, in Haro, Rioja, Spain. Made in the very traditional, long aging in rat-old American oak, style of yesteryear, the blancos, rosados (current release is 1999), and tintos are all extremely intricate and long-lived. While the waxiness and subtle fruit of a young Lopez may be unusual, the pleasure of following a bottle all the way through is unlike any in the world of wine.

Which is all a big ol' prelude to saying that Arrowine has the winemaker, Mari Jose Lopez de Heredia, pouring her wines this evening (Wednesday 3/25), from 5:30 to 7:30. Cancel your plans and go.

Yes indeed, I am going to try my best to get out there if time permits.

She will be pouring:

1987 Vina Tondonia Gran Reserva

2000 Vina Bosconia Reserva

2002 Vina Cubillo

perhaps along with a few other surprises.

Go see my buddy Phil Bernstein at Bassin's he has a nice selcection of their wines.