Pre-Theater Menus

soapy

My husband and I are celebrating our first year anniversary we wanted to eat somewhere nice before going out to see a show at the National Theatre. I am debating between Tosca and Rasika but I'll take any other resteraunts that have a pre-dinner theatre menu and are close to downtown.

I'd suggest Central. They don't have a pre-theater menu per se, but they do begin dinner service at 5:30 and they're 2 blocks from the National Theatre. We did a pre-theater dinner there this past Saturday and it was perfect. Just let your server know that you need to be out by a certain time.

My husband and I are celebrating our first year anniversary we wanted to eat somewhere nice before going out to see a show at the National Theatre. I am debating between Tosca and Rasika but I'll take any other resteraunts that have a pre-dinner theatre menu and are close to downtown.

I always get the pre-dinner theater menu because if I get the pre-theater dinner menu I fall asleep during the play. wink.gif

I can't recommend Cafe du Parc over Rasika because they're both good but wildley different but, were you feeling French-ish and the weather was nice, the patio of Parc is steps from the National.

Thought I'd bump this old thread because we too are looking for a pre-theater menu for the National Theater.  Was considering Central or 701 but Central's pre-theater options didn't jump out at me and I haven't been to 701 in years. Cafe du Parc is another interesting idea.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

One place I'd consider is Cedar.  It's at 8th & E, so just a few blocks from the theater.  They begin dinner service at 5:30 and have a $35 3-course pre-theater menu.  I haven't been there in about a year, but we went 3 or 4 times last fall and we really liked the place a lot.  Here's a link to the pre-theater menu:  http://cedardc.com/menus.php?catid=50

About the most publicized pre-theater menu in town is Marcel's. They (still!) have a limo that will take you to, and from, the Kennedy Center, so you can come back to the restaurant after the performance, and enjoy dessert and drinks at their lovely bar.

This program is one of the great long-term success stories in all of DC dining. Go to their website, let it load for a few seconds, and click on "Pre-Theater."