Birthday Dinner

jandres374

My birthday is this Thursday and my wife would like to take me out to a special dinner. The only catch is that we will also have our two kids with us, ages 7 and 5.

Any suggestions for places to get a great meal that can also accomodate kids. My 7 year old will be fine anywhere but the 5 year old is a little more difficult (pickey eater and not one for long drawn out meals).

I was thinking maybe Palena Cafe, Ray's, Black Salt.

We are in the Bethesda, NW DC area so anything nearby would be helpful as we will both be coming from work and likely will not have time for a long commute.

My birthday is this Thursday and my wife would like to take me out to a special dinner. The only catch is that we will also have our two kids with us, ages 7 and 5.

Any suggestions for places to get a great meal that can also accomodate kids. My 7 year old will be fine anywhere but the 5 year old is a little more difficult (pickey eater and not one for long drawn out meals).

I was thinking maybe Palena Cafe, Ray's, Black Salt.

We are in the Bethesda, NW DC area so anything nearby would be helpful as we will both be coming from work and likely will not have time for a long commute.

Ray's in Silver Spring has been our go-to for special family meals with the kids since they week they opened. They've always taken extra care of them there - not condescended to, and they make them feel grown up. My daughter's Shirley Temple had about 10 cherries on top last time...

Ray's in Silver Spring has been our go-to for special family meals with the kids since they week they opened. They've always taken extra care of them there - not condescended to, and they make them feel grown up. My daughter's Shirley Temple had about 10 cherries on top last time...

I took my mom to her birthday at Ray's The Steaks tonight, and got a quiet table in a back room - two kids would have had a perfectly fine time there. They refused to charge us for a piece of key lime pie, and she walked out as happy as I've seen her in ages. I'd call Elliot (GM) or Mark (Sommelier) and ask if it's possible to accommodate you on a Thursday in back. Our dinner tonight was perfect. Not the food, but the entire dining experience; I wouldn't have gone anywhere else.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Made a reservation today for Ray's the Steaks on Thursday (easier for us to get there than Classics during rush hour). The little ones have no idea the treat they are about to have. Wish my parents would have taken me to some place like this when I was 7 or 5 years old.