Soft Shell Crab Sandwich

Andelman

Does anyone know where I can get a good soft shell sandwich for lunch tomorrow (Sunday)? Would like to stay in the general DC Metro area.

I am going to be with the whole family (kids age 5 and 2), so nothing fancy. Just your basic pan-fried soft shell on bread.

Many Thanks

Does anyone know where I can get a good soft shell sandwich for lunch tomorrow (Sunday)? Would like to stay in the general DC Metro area.

I am going to be with the whole family (kids age 5 and 2), so nothing fancy. Just your basic pan-fried soft shell on bread.

Many Thanks

This is a tougher question than you might think. I know Firefly is serving one during their weekday lunch (click), but they also have a separate brunch menu on their website without it listed, and I can't think of anywhere else in town that's serving one. I'm surprised I can't find Cedar's impressive-looking brunch menu, which I had a copy of a couple of days ago.

My last-minute suggestion is 1) hope that another member chimes in, or 2) call a known seasonal-ingredient restaurant (tonight, before 11 PM), and ask if they'll do one - lots of places are serving soft-shells now; not many are slapping them between two pieces of bread.

Cheers,

Rocks.

ETA: Bingo.

Edited by DonRocks

Thanks for all the suggestions. As it turns out, we ended up having a "picnic" at the zoo.

I tried Blacksalt and Slavin and Sons to get some soft shells (I figured I would just make my own sandwich at home), but they were all out.

Oh well.

Too late for Father's Day, but Legal Seafoods in Tyson's had a soft shell crab sandwich special on Friday at lunchtime. Honestly, it wasn't very good (they claimed it was pan-fried, but it looked deep-fried to me and tasted way overcooked).