Paolo's In Georgetown Suffers Fire

Michael Landrum

Traffic was disrupted and the spread of HPV slightly diminished when an otherwise harmless fire broke out at Paolo's in Georgetown. Authorities believe a miasmic cloud of Drakkar Noir, accumulating in the rafters of Paolo's since the early '90's, reached critical mass and ignited from a spark generated by the collision of two gold-plate chains believed to be solid 14 karat by their owners, a mortgage salesman and a salon receptionist.

More details reported here.

Traffic was disrupted and the spread of HPV slightly diminished when an otherwise harmless fire broke out at Paolo's in Georgetown. Authorities believe a miasmic cloud of Drakkar Noir, accumulating in the rafters of Paolo's since the early '90's, reached critical mass and ignited from a spark generated by the collision of two gold-plate chains believed to be solid 14 karat by their owners, a mortgage salesman and a salon receptionist.

I just aspirated my coffee.

That is some prime snark right there.

Paolo's was still open? Why? It was dreadful.

In other Drakkar Noir-related news, a gram of coke recently purchased at Sesto Senso, weighing approximately .52 grams, was found to actually contain trace amounts of cocaine. Neither the purchaser, 38-year "Sammy" B., nor 18-year old Amber-Crystal C., whom he hoped to seduce with said coke, noticed any decrease in the pain and sadness of living despite the presence of actual cocaine in the ingested powder.

Authorities have no explanation as to how the trace amounts of the potent chemical compound may have found their way into the coke.

Despite later passing out from too much Red Bull and vodka, friends report that Amber-Crystal eventually arrived safely at the home of her parents, both geologists, having avoided sexual assault by a propitious case of passenger-seat vomiting while on the way to "Sammy" B.'s Van Dorn Street apartment.

In other Drakkar Noir-related news, a gram of coke recently purchased at Sesto Senso, weighing approximately .52 grams, was found to actually contain trace amounts of cocaine. Neither the purchaser, 38-year "Sammy" B., nor 18-year old Amber-Crystal C., whom he hoped to seduce with said coke, noticed any decrease in the pain and sadness of living despite the presence of actual cocaine in the ingested powder.

Authorities have no explanation as to how the trace amounts of the potent chemical compound may have found their way into the coke.

Despite later passing out from too much Red Bull and vodka, friends report that Amber-Crystal eventually arrived home safely, having avoided sexual assault by a propitious case of passenger-seat vomiting while on the way to "Sammy" B.'s Van Dorn Street apartment.

I have to admit even *I'm* cracking up over these posts, and I'm a pretty tough laugh to induce.

I have to admit even *I'm* cracking up over these posts, and I'm a pretty tough laugh to induce.

The icing on the cake is that in the new "recently added topics" box on the right hand side of the main page, the entry reads "Paolo's In Georgetown Suffers Fire by Michael Landrum"