Squid and Octopus, with Ink Sauce

brettashley01

Desperately seeking restaurant that serves octopus or squid cooked in its own ink. Jaleo has this as a special once, but I've never seen it anywhere else. I have seen squid ink pasta- the black kind- but not pasta with ink "sauce." This, too, would be a great find. Please PM me if you know of anywhere that serves something like this or something else with ink. Thanks!!!

Desperately seeking restaurant that serves octopus or squid cooked in its own ink. Jaleo has this as a special once, but I've never seen it anywhere else. I have seen squid ink pasta- the black kind- but not pasta with ink "sauce." This, too, would be a great find. Please PM me if you know of anywhere that serves something like this or something else with ink. Thanks!!!

An odd obsession but whatever. I think Morayou on Conecticut just north of Dupont Circle served grilled octopus with ink. Very tasty.

One of my favorite lunchtime dishes at Cafe Atlantico may/may not fit the bill here. Exact ingredients seem to vary, but it's a small plate that generally includes squid, squid ink, coconut cream, puffed rice, and often times a perfectly cooked scallop. Not sure if that is what you are seeking, as the ink may be separately prepared then added just before assembly.

Damn. It's 8AM and now I'm craving squid ink.

D'Acqua has it as a pasta. Haven't had it, but I figured it would be on their menu...

The old Hook used to have a black risotto with fresh squid with risotto cooked in the ink that was fantastic, very reminiscent of Barcelona, which has a lot of cuttlefish and ink preparations.

I am beginning to think perhaps ink should be on the trite food list.

The dish I so loved at Hook is now at Sonoma(Thank you Barton Seaver, yay!).

Mourayo also has dishes with ink, which I read about today when looking at the Groupon, not sure what though.