What Would Brian Boitano Make?

DanCole42

FINALLY! Something to appeal to the South Park/gay/figure skating/cooking/kitschy/Olympic-demographic:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/what-would-brian-boitano-make/index.html

Thank whatever deity in which you believe for blessing mankind with the singular brilliance that made this creation possible.

ETA: In retrospect, I should have subtitled this, "Premiering August 23rd on the Food Network." Oh well.

FINALLY! Something to appeal to the South Park/gay/figure skating/cooking/kitschy/Olympic-demographic:

http://www.foodnetwo...make/index.html

Thank whatever deity in which you believe for blessing mankind with the singular brilliance that made this creation possible.

ETA: In retrospect, I should have subtitled this, "Premiering August 23rd on the Food Network." Oh well.

I would prefer Jeffery (Next Food Network Star) to have his own show than see Brian Boitano, based on this clip.

I started out finding it a little humorous but kind of meh. They're obviously playing on a lot of sexual jokes. I'm increasingly finding it horrifically offensive. Since I'm busy and just reacting, I can't give examples. I don't recall seeing any tv show where my view of it has changed this radically in the course of a 1/2 hour show.

This is horrible.

I'm only watching because I was watching Melissa d'Arabian (see other thread because I don't want to contaminate her with this), and this came on after. I was busy and didn't change the station. Now I'm transfixed by the train wreck.

After hating the first episode so much, I've watched subsequent weeks and it has improved. The second episode was far better than the first, IMHO. I still don't care too much for the pretexts of some of the episodes, but as long as the cheesiness doesn't get too much in the way, I find some of the foods he's making kind of interesting. If you're looking for a show for camp entertainment value only, then it's enjoyable, but it should really be on at night before or after Paula's Party rather than in the middle of the day on Sunday. That's a really odd time slot for this kind of show.

Maybe that's just me, but I don't watch cooking shows like they're sitcoms or variety shows (or cartoons). I'm actually interested in the food preparation.