Dining In Wheaton

Mi Lay Cai

New Kam Fong

Max's

Irenes Pupusa's #3

Ruan Thai {added at Amit's reminder}

Nava Thai {added at Amit's reminder}

Vit Goel {if they are not playing something too violent on the TV, in GLenmont Plaza}

It will be interesting to see where Hollywood East winds up when it reopens. I would put the din sum far above that of NKF and the cooked food a cut below.

Edited by deangold

I'd add Nava Thai, Ruan Thai, and El Pollo Rico. New Kam Fong is by far my favorite place to eat in Wheaton these days (even if getting what you want when placing phone orders is a little problematic).

For downtown SS, check out Silver Spring Thai Flavor (a few doors down from Ray's). Excellent for fast take out Thai. Abol and Addis Ababa are good Ethiopian choices in downtown SS. I have yet to check out the new Dama Cafe that opened next to the county liquor store downtown. The SS Penguin was not keen on the food, but far more effusive in their praise of the desserts.

Los Chorros is my goto when it comes to latin food.

The Royal Mile has solid pub fare with good atmosphere (rather cozy place).

Dusit is another quality Thai place (although the others are so good I rarely go)

Christina's is home cooked Italian, and I like this place much more than some other local Italian spots that seem to have better followings.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful information. Please let me know the best Thai place in Wheaton and why. I have been to Dusit, Ruan and Nava and everyone I talk to has a different opinion. Just wondering what you Rockwellians think?

Thank you so much! This is very helpful information. Please let me know the best Thai place in Wheaton and why. I have been to Dusit, Ruan and Nava and everyone I talk to has a different opinion. Just wondering what you Rockwellians think?

I prefer Ruan, but Mrs JPW prefers Nava. Peanut and Edgy don't care as long as they get plenty of rice.