Dinner in DC for 7-9 People

bettyjoan

Happy Friday, folks...

I'll be coming to DC in about two weeks. The first part of the trip is for work, and the second part is to do this: http://www.dctri.com/courses/olympic-overview.html.

The work part of the trip involves the culmination and presentation of a 9-month research project. My team has 7 people (9 if our sponsors/subject matter experts are with us), and I'm trying to figure out where to take them for a relaxing dinner/strategy session on Sunday 6/13, and for a celebratory meal on Wednesday 6/16.

I'm leaning toward Proof for the celebratory dinner, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm totally at a loss about the Sunday dinner - we want something good, but not as "special occasion"-y. We are staying at 14th and K, and most of our work will center around the 18th and G area.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Happy Friday, folks...

I'll be coming to DC in about two weeks. The first part of the trip is for work, and the second part is to do this: http://www.dctri.com/courses/olympic-overview.html.

The work part of the trip involves the culmination and presentation of a 9-month research project. My team has 7 people (9 if our sponsors/subject matter experts are with us), and I'm trying to figure out where to take them for a relaxing dinner/strategy session on Sunday 6/13, and for a celebratory meal on Wednesday 6/16.

I'm leaning toward Proof for the celebratory dinner, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm totally at a loss about the Sunday dinner - we want something good, but not as "special occasion"-y. We are staying at 14th and K, and most of our work will center around the 18th and G area.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Againn, Brasserie Beck, Mio, and Birch & Barley/Churchkey are all within walking distance of 14th and K.

I had dinner at Beck last night, and despite Kliman's suggestion that the kitchen has been slipping a bit, I was quite impressed. Plus there's a wide range of prices on their menu (from $13 sandwiches, to $20 mussels and fries, and up) that could make it suitable for a more casual meal. The same holds true for both Againn and Birch & Barley, though I can't speak to Mio as I haven't been yet.

I second the Becks suggestion. Another one (and I admit I have never been to the one in DC but enjoyed the one in NYC) is Kellari Taverna on 14th. The one in NYC is great for medium/large gatherings. Although I have never been to the one here, the food at the NYC was delicious.