Otani, Teppanyaki on Route 50 in Chantilly

We had a coupon for this place and went in for dinner with very little expectations. We had actually first tried to go on a Saturday but it was mobbed and you can't do a 30 minute wait with a toddler in tow. Apparently this place is pretty popular with the locals.

We tried going again on a Thursday and were pleasantly surprised with our meal. My wife had the hibachi chicken and I had the hibachi fillet mignon. The fillet was surprisingly tender and flavorful. The meal comes with soup, salad, rice, noodles, shrimp, vegetables, desert and your meat. My meal was 22 dollars and I felt like I got my moneys worth. We also had a few rolls of sushi which were good (but not great). Although we did have some special roll that was fried spicy salmon and tuna which actually was darned tasty. I know frying sushi is kind of lame, but this item was good.

If you're in the area and want to do the whole Japanese steakhouse experience, you could do worse than Otani. We'll will definitely return. The show at the hibachi was enough to keep our son distracted while we ate our food.

On weekdays the restaurant also does a sushi buffet which is solid if that is what you are into.

The Otani in Chantilly is indeed under separate ownership than the Otani in Fairfax.

We had a coupon for this place and went in for dinner with very little expectations. We had actually first tried to go on a Saturday but it was mobbed and you can't do a 30 minute wait with a toddler in tow. Apparently this place is pretty popular with the locals.

Interestingly, their website says something about "free limousine service" (!) but offers no clickable details.

Perhaps Robert Wiedmaier's influence spreads more widely than we thought.

Cheers,

Rocks

There's also an Otani in Ashburn...

Otani's website implies that there used to be more than one location (they have a tab, for example, titled "Our Locations"), but the phone number in Ashburn is disconnected, so it may have closed.

Otani's website implies that there used to be more than one location (they have a tab, for example, titled "Our Locations"), but the phone number in Ashburn is disconnected, so it may have closed.

That whole strip out there has had issues - they closed a number of places in there. I'll swing by on Tuesday and check.