Fried Turkey

Soup

Love fried turkey but don't want to do it at home. The risk and the mess of dealing with the oil after.

Any place that will sell you a fried turkey or fry a turkey for you?

BTW, any place in NOVA where I can get a freshly turkey?

Soup

I believe in past years, the Popeyes chain has offered fried turkey, ordered in advance.

I've looked into the popeyes thing in the past. Not sure if anyone has bought this but I just didn't have the heart after hearing what it was. They fry the bird at a facility somewhere, then it is vacuum packed, frozen and shipped to the popeyes franchises. You basically get a box with a fried turkey that is frozen. I was hoping for a bird that was fried at the local franchise.

Soup

I've looked into the popeyes thing in the past. Not sure if anyone has bought this but I just didn't have the heart after hearing what it was. They fry the bird at a facility somewhere, then it is vacuum packed, frozen and shipped to the popeyes franchises. You basically get a box with a fried turkey that is frozen. I was hoping for a bird that was fried at the local franchise.

Soup

Believe it or not, they are quite good. Have purchased them in the past and I am not by any means a Popeye's fan . . . never even eat there, but a friend turned me onto the fried holiday turkeys. YMMV.