Soup in NOVA

lion

This is what we go for when we're not feeling well:

Seollongtang or Yuk Gae Jang at Gamasot. People also tell me the cornish game hen soup (Sahm Gae Jang) at Gamasot is also good when you don't feel good, but I hate having to tear up the little chicken in the bowl. I always make a mess.

Szechuan beef noodle soup at A&J.

They also both do takeout if you need to take soup to the sick patient.

Beyond Asian, Cathal Armstrong (Restaurant Eve/Alexandria) is a soup magician. Whatever he has on the dining room menu is always outstanding and, at much more affordable prices, I've never had a bad soup at the bistro lunch in many, many visits. His veloutes are especially delicious and often interesting based on whatever vegetables are seasonal and available that week.

With all the local, organic, cuisine and other concept specialization going on, do we not have a quality soup place in the DC area that just does soup? I'm not sure that we do but imagine such a thing would do well. Like the Seinfeld character but for real: SOUP FOR YOU!

[edit] apologies I missed the OP's subtitle about soups when not feeling well. Not sure I'd necessarily recommend Eve for that but they do have fantastic soups that certainly couldn't make you feel any worse :)

Actually, have to offer another idea here that'll meet the recuperative need but not in NoVa. Wagshal's (Spring Valley/DC) chicken noodle or, on Tuesdays and Fridays, the matzoh ball version are my favorites in MD, DC or VA when not feeling well or, more often, when in the mood for the best possible chicken/matzoh ball soup I know of within 90 miles.