Vegetarian Take-Out in DC

Sam

I want to buy a friend of mine who is on bedrest a gift certificate for take-out. She is vegetarian, so ideally some place with lots of vegetarian options. It does not have to be delivered as there is a person who can pick it up. Does anybody have any suggestions, specifically in DC near Penn Quarter? Thanks!

A bit afield from Penn Quarter but Java Green is a great veggie carryout and is on 19th between K and L - - asian-influenced veggie and vegan things w/some dishes with faux-meat but many without! I love their food.

I want to buy a friend of mine who is on bedrest a gift certificate for take-out. She is vegetarian, so ideally some place with lots of vegetarian options. It does not have to be delivered as there is a person who can pick it up. Does anybody have any suggestions, specifically in DC near Penn Quarter? Thanks!

There is a Taylor Gourmet at 5th and K NW that would deliver or could be picked up. I know there is some non-Taylor-love from some folks on the board, but I still think that their veg sandwiches are awesome (broccoli rabe sandwich, nice) and there are good salads etc. too. Menu available online if you want to look.

There is a Busboys and Poets fairly close to Penn Quarter...they have a selection of veg and vegan options on their menu

Busboys @ 5th & K

1025 5th Street NW

Washington, DC 20001

(202) 789-2227

Also the Penn Quarter branch of Teaism.

oh, amen to that! their red beans and rice (which I THINK is completely veg..) is amazing......good call.........

There is a Busboys and Poets fairly close to Penn Quarter...they have a selection of veg and vegan options on their menu

Busboys @ 5th & K

1025 5th Street NW

Washington, DC 20001

(202) 789-2227

Also the Penn Quarter branch of Teaism.

this question came up once before, so I will make the same suggestion I made then: consider looking for a private chef instead of a restaurant. That way your friend on bedrest is more likely to get meals delivered that she will really enjoy, and will have more variety.

this question came up once before, so I will make the same suggestion I made then: consider looking for a private chef instead of a restaurant. That way your friend on bedrest is more likely to get meals delivered that she will really enjoy, and will have more variety.

I seem to recall that, too, Zora. Anyone know how to retrieve the earlier topic? Meanwhile, I will probably make the same recommendation I made before: Soupergirl. Vegan.