Molly's Yogurt, 521 Maple Ave. W. in Vienna

I'm embarrased to say that even after living across the street from Plush for the past 5 months, last night was my first trip to the gelato and coffee shop.

Have you tried Molly's Yogurt in the shopping plaza at Nutley and 123? Their gelato is really good (I'm no expert), but I am curious how it compares to Plush.

Have you tried Molly's Yogurt in the shopping plaza at Nutley and 123? Their gelato is really good (I'm no expert), but I am curious how it compares to Plush.

Pete - I haven't tried that place yet. I wasn't aware they had gelato? I'm by no means an expert, either. Sounds like I may do some taste comparisons this weekend.

Just to jump start this thread, I'll link to this.

Quiz: (s)he who makes your espresso is a barrista, your pizza a pizzaiolo, your gelato a ... ?

Just to jump start this thread, I'll link to this.

While updating the dining guide (at 11:30 on a Friday night), I realized that I never updated this thread on Molly's Yogurt. I was last here on February 14th, 2012 (please click on the link in the quoted post for my prior review). Based on what we had on February 14th, my son's birthday, there is no way that Gianluigi Dellaccio made this "gelato," and I say that in quotes because it clearly tasted like frozen yogurt.

I'm not sure what the current relationship between Mr. Dellaccio and Molly's Yogurt is, but based on the visits (a year apart) in 2011 and 2012, there was nothing at all resembling what I had before. We went out of our way to come here for Matt's after-dinner birthday treat (and if you must know, we had dinner at Buffalo Wing University on his request (it was such a pleasure to take this "poor, downtrodden" 15-year-old to the restaurant of *his* choice for a change, as opposed to CityZen, Restaurant Eve, etc., for his birthday dinner - he wanted Buffalo wings, and he got 'em - the total bill after tax and tip was under $20, and I haven't enjoyed a meal this much in ages because I saw how much Matt loved it - and he really, really appreciated me taking him there which makes it even more special. Furthermore, he saw that I really liked the wings, which I did, and that made him really happy even though he wasn't necessarily trying to show it - he was proud of his recommendation, and rightfully so.)) But we were both disappointed with Molly's Yogurt's gelato based on our excellent previous experience. "Good, but nothing worth going out of your way for" was the verdict.

Maybe Mr. Dellaccio was on vacation? I don't know. But I'd never consider coming back without confirmation that this gentleman is still making their gelato on a regular basis. Assure me that he is, and I'll rent a helicopter to get here if I have to.

Please don't take this as a slam; it's not. But this gelato used to be special, it really did.