DR.com Lunch Bunch at Le Bledo - Tues, Aug 9

I have posted a few reviews of Le Bledo and Dalat Bakery on Backlick Road in Springfield. It's a bakery, with real weeding cakes, a few prepared food items, some really good banh mi, and a lunchtime sort-of buffet and sort-of cafeteria style assortment of Vietnamese offerings -- you pick one or two mains, and the rice and the sides come with it. The kitchen also provides pho and a few other menu items. Its business is mostly daytime, centering around breakfast and lunch. So, ktmoonau and I have kicked around the possibility of setting up a lunchtime rendezvous for a handful of DR eaters who may be convenient to the area by virtue of living or working nearby.

Our first suggestion is July 26th, and I would push for an 11:45 start to grab a good table in the limited seating area before the workingman's crowd assembles for one of the best lunch deals around. [For example, if you go with a banh mi and a soft drink, you will only need to bring a $5 bill and you'll get change.] We are open to other dates and start times, so please chime in.

Well, thistle+2 and Kibbee Nayee made four, and a nice meal was had. I'll allow thistle to comment on the soups. I devoured two banh mi for a grand total of $6, one being a roasted pork and one being a meatball, and I prefer these over many others I've had from here to Falls Church. Looking forward to returning....

Shoot, sorry I got caught up at work and forgot about this. It was supposed to be a calm week, but that always means chaos.

Well, thistle+2 and Kibbee Nayee made four, and a nice meal was had. I'll allow thistle to comment on the soups. I devoured two banh mi for a grand total of $6, one being a roasted pork and one being a meatball, and I prefer these over many others I've had from here to Falls Church. Looking forward to returning....

Dang. I got tied up at work this afternoon too. Oh well. Will try again some other time!