Donating Chairs

Dave Pressley

I am replacing the chairs soon at the Light Horse. I have about 65 of them that I need to get rid of. They are wooden chairs with arms and are definitely NOT in mint condition, but they are in perfectly usable condition. I was thinking of donating them to a school, a church or some place like that. I just don't know how to find a place that might need them short of cold calling. I was thinking about freecycling, but I would prefer to give them to a charitable cause. Any help would be appreciated. (If this post would be better posted in another thread, feel free to move it.)

I am replacing the chairs soon at the Light Horse. I have about 65 of them that I need to get rid of. They are wooden chairs with arms and are definitely NOT in mint condition, but they are in perfectly usable condition. I was thinking of donating them to a school, a church or some place like that. I just don't know how to find a place that might need them short of cold calling. I was thinking about freecycling, but I would prefer to give them to a charitable cause. Any help would be appreciated. (If this post would be better posted in another thread, feel free to move it.)

Purple Heart is a good cause, and might take them. The donation page on their web site isn't clear about exactly what they want, but I know that whenever they come around for collections people put out all sorts of stuff, including furniture.

I can check with the Campagna Center and see if they could be in need? They mostly have/need school chairs, but you never know.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will call Alive and Purple Heart tomorrow. ktmoomau, please let me know what they say if you're able to check with the Campagna Center.

These chairs have potential if someone wants to take a little time to repurpose them or sand, paint or stain them. They'd make good porch chairs.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will call Alive and Purple Heart tomorrow. ktmoomau, please let me know what they say if you're able to check with the Campagna Center.

These chairs have potential if someone wants to take a little time to repurpose them or sand, paint or stain them. They'd make good porch chairs.

Just sent an email, will let you know.