The Worst Beer In The World

DonRocks

Click

I'm almost certain I've had Saigon beer, and I don't remember it being *that* bad. For my money, Irish Pride is about as bad as I've ever had (it was green).

I'm pretty sure I've had Saigon beer, too, but I can't say it sticks in my mind as being worse than any other Vietnamese beer. I haven't had a beer from that country I could have more than one of, yet. To potentially ruffle some feathers, I'll say the same thing about Chinese and Thai beers. They're cut from the same bland lager cloth and give me the same screaming headache.

I'm pretty sure I've had Saigon beer, too, but I can't say it sticks in my mind as being worse than any other Vietnamese beer. I haven't had a beer from that country I could have more than one of, yet. To potentially ruffle some feathers, I'll say the same thing about Chinese and Thai beers. They're cut from the same bland lager cloth and give me the same screaming headache.

I'd argue that Singha is the best of that sorry lot (you can actually taste some malt in it).

For my money, Irish Pride is about as bad as I've ever had (it was green).

eeeee-YUCK I found it!

On an unrelated note, does anyone suspect breweries of introducing beers to new markets with "better ingredients," and then once the market has been penetrated, scaling back on the quality? I could swear I've experienced this ... dozens of times maybe? Or maybe it's a marketing placebo effect when I'm drinking a label for the first time?

Or maybe it's a marketing placebo effect when I'm drinking a label for the first time?

Might I suggest drinking the beer, rather than drinking the label. Although, if you say the flavor decreases over time, then perhaps you prefer the flavor of label and the beer is less interesting to you.

I've also noticed quite a few beers take a pretty steep dive in quality once they become easier to find but I've always assumed it has to do with the difficulty of maintaining quality while increasing production rates.

This is kind of what I've assumed, but I don't have any hard facts to back up my suspicion (it would take an insider ratting 'em out). But it's really not that different than restaurants putting on a full court press during review season, and then tanking immediately afterwards (note to world: there no longer is (or should no longer be) any such thing as "review season," but I guess that's going to require further ascension of the real-time internet, and further displacement of antiquated periodicals).

Might I suggest drinking the beer, rather than drinking the label. Although, if you say the flavor decreases over time, then perhaps you prefer the flavor of label and the beer is less interesting to you.

:lol:

I've had Saigon before and I don't remember being nearly as offended by it as I am every time I drink Corona Extra, Corona Light, or any of the American beers that have the nasty "lime" flavored chemical in them.

What do you mean? Bud Light Lime is manna from heaven

(shoot me now)

What do you mean? Bud Light Lime is manna from heaven

(shoot me now)

They should have called it Bud Limelight (sort of sounds like a Vegas lounge singer, no? - Some cheesy guy in sequins and sunglasses would be an awesome mascot for it, if it wouldn't confuse the brand name).