Willie's Po Boy, Arlington Food Truck, Back On The Road After Some Minor Damage - Closed

I've got very mixed feelings when it comes to food trucks - one was virtually inedible, others are middling, okay in a pinch (District Taco, Pure Pasty), and one delicious (Red Hook Lobster).

While not quite as delicious as the Lobster Truck, Willie's Oyster Po Boy was good, definitely in the upper echelons of Food Trucks (damning with faint praise) and I'll be back. Loved the breading on the oysters - better than Ray's - although the oysters were not quite as plump. Oysters were fried to order and super hot. Sandwich comes with pickles, tomatoes, lettuce and some mustard mayo sauce unless requested otherwise. More info here.

D'accord. There is much to like about the shrimp and oyster po boy for a reasonable $9, dressed as described above. The bread is fine, except that there is probably too much of it. It must be an entire half of a baguette. Rather than downsize the length, it might be better if they scooped out a bit of the bread from the inside before they lay on the ingredients. They are at Courthouse in Arlington today if you are feeling peckish.

I believe I read on Twitter that they had a very bad accident and might be out for the rest of the year, which is a shame. I've been itching to try a Cajun food truck since I found out about Willie's, but will have to try and track down the Cajunator truck in the District one day.

Hey there! I am now working for Willie's Po' Boy and and wanted to let you know that the truck has been mended and Willie's is back on the road! We are parked in Arlington Tuesday through Saturday for lunch and will do dinners once the temperatures rise a bit. You can check our exact locations on twitter (@WilliesPoBoy) or Facebook.

We have broadened the menu and have included local and seasonal ingredients. Willie's now serves Shrimp, Oyster, Crawfish, Catfish, Roast Beef Debris with Gravy, BLT, Blackened Chicken, French Fry, and Soft Shell Crab Po' Boys. In addition, we serve a killer Gumbo and Bread Pudding with Bourbon Butter Sauce. The menu is subject to change, though, so be sure to look on twitter or FB for exact menu.

Our bread is sourced from the famous New Orleans bakery, Leidenheimer Baking Company, which has been making sandwich loaves used for Po' Boys since 1896. The interior is soft and chewy while the crust is super crispy. We have listened to our customers and understand the amount of bread is a lot, so we have taken the advice to scoop out some of the breading of the loaf. Everyone thinks it makes a huge difference and we all love the result! Our Po' Boys are made fresh to order and come dressed with tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, and remoulade.

We hope that you stop by the Purple Truck again to enjoy a Po' Boy. We appreciate your comments, thank you and have a wonderful day!

I thought the oyster po' boy today was particularly well made (as described above, except be sure to ask for the hot sauce, natch). Their red beans and rice served as a nice side dish. These folks are especially nice and friendly (no, I do not know them personally) and I like how they offer the source of their offerings without prompting (catfish from Mississippi; shrimp from the Gulf; oysters from the Bay).